X

1995 katana Sprocket question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 katana Sprocket question

I have a 1995 katana 600 that i would like to know the stock front and rear sprocket sizes. I am looking to change the rear sprocket to gain some torque. I would like to be able to ride wheelies in 2end and third gear without sacrifising too much top end speed any help would be appreciated as well as what others have dont on this subject thanks

the two are not possible together. it's either one or the other, not both. the Kats are too heavy.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Not gonna have both, first a 95 600 will barely wheelie now have to clutch it up, only 2 ways your gonna do a wheelie in 2nd and MAYBE 3rd: (1) 70 tooth rear sprocket, but youll top out at maybe 90 if that. or (2) Get it up in first and shift up to 2nd and 3rd while wheel still up.

Now if you wanna wheelie only in first. 1st Learn to clutch it up (yes it will cut the life of your clutch). 2nd upgrade your sprockets to about 15-54, that will take the top speed down to 120-130 i believe. But my 95 750 kat topped out at 155. You also wont have to always clutch it up.

Not saying im an expert or that im 100% right, but have a little experience. Had a 95 kat750, 03 kat600 and 2 gsxr stunt bikes. Any question let me know or pm me.
      www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
      Katana Frame Sliders
      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
      98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
      I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Working...
      X