X

1995 Katana Carb Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Katana Carb Question

Pulled the carbs off my 1995 katana 600 under the floats there were plastic plugs in the secondary jet hole with no holes through them it was only in three secondary jet holes but not in the last hole was confused as to why these pluges were even here because on every other carb i have ever pulled they have main jets and secondary jets and all are in use but with the kat it seems that only one secondary jet is in use while all others are blocked off and all main jets are in use is this correct? If this is correct then why are there jets in the other three ports if they are plughe off? Bike was running a high idle and when you get it ajusted correct it hangs at 2000 rpms then if you crack it drops back to 1000 bike has a vince and hanes pipe on it with 112.5 main jets any hepl would be appriciated

Sounds rich? Also kinda sounds like u may have a vacuum leak . Check float heights, what are they set at? Those plugs are supposed to be there and they go on the pilot jets. Mine don't have holes in them either but I don't have problems. The one your missing is probably screwing u up.

Are you using a jet kit? Stock air filter? Set floats to 14mm measure measure and measure again, what are your fuel screws set at?
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

OK, you need those plugs, all four of them. IIRC the fuel for the idle jets comes through a metered side passage. The plugs are there so you can get at the jets for removal. Take another look inside the carb with the missing plug. Not likely but maybe it fell out into the bowl. If that one can't be found then I'd suggest replacing all four.

Another thing to look at is the main jet sizes. My 1994 750 has one jet (#3 carb I think) that's a different size from the others. I'd have to look up the numbers to give you the actual sizes but that's the way it's supposed to be. Check your manual for the proper 600 jet sizes. If someone's been monkeying around inside your carbs without benefit of a manual it's possible they've "fixed" a problem that didn't exist.

Like CP (God rest his soul) used to say, take it back to stock before you start changing things. Those high-payed engineers at Suzuki knew a few things.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i have stock jets i believe the air screw is 2 1/2 turns out and the main jet is 112.5 and i couldnt read the secondary jets would a suzuki dealer have those plugs? and i am still a little confused on why they are there and how the jets work if they are pluged off. I am sorry to ask the same question would like a answer if possible otherwise im good with those plugs are supposed to be there and in all 4 carbs not just the 3 there in now

Comment

If you look inside the hole under the plugs you'll see a passage coming from the metering orifice. The dealer should either have the plugs or be able to get them pretty quick. (Suzuki part #13357-34C00)

According to a dealer's website (http://www.mthollykawasaki.com) the size main jets depends on whether you've got a J,K (135 OB/137.5 IB for both) or L/M/N/P/R/S/T (110s on all 4 carbs) model bike. I'd guess you've got a L/M/N/P/R/S/T model bike with a jet kit.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            If you look inside the hole under the plugs you'll see a passage coming from the metering orifice. The dealer should either have the plugs or be able to get them pretty quick. (Suzuki part #13357-34C00)

According to a dealer's website (http://www.mthollykawasaki.com) the size main jets depends on whether you've got a J,K (135 OB/137.5 IB for both) or L/M/N/P/R/S/T (110s on all 4 carbs) model bike. I'd guess you've got a L/M/N/P/R/S/T model bike with a jet kit.
            How do i know what model bike i have if it is the l/m/n/p/r/s/t or j,k?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

95 model was the "S" model I believe.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                The letter is determined by the year of the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by 994runnerNC View Post
                  The letter is determined by the year of the bike.
                  Sure enough. S code is for a 1995. (Memory's shot, it's been a long winter.) check out http://www.suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                  X