X

1995 Katana Clutch Transmission Question Please Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Katana Clutch Transmission Question Please Help

I have the second gear problem, i have take the engine apart, and ordered parts, i ordered the 2 gears closest to the sprocket. and the 2 new sprockets are redesigned and, the dog on the second gears will not mesh with the old third gear. I have call the parts dept. i got the gears from, and they dont know whats up. has anyone hear of this. also the clutch friction plates, the wear specs is 2.35mm i miked mine, and they are at 2.16 - 2.21, so i ordered new clutch set, and i mike them and they are 2.20 out of the bag. do i have the wrong specs or pad parts. please help.

Are you absolutely sure that you ordered for the right year Katana? If you ordered 98+ parts for a pre-98, etc., you may have ended up with the redesigned parts.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I did double check, and when i ordered them is was for the 1995 model S Katana, i even had the parts guy check them and he read off the numbers is should have for that year, and that is what i got. the only thing that was bothering me was when i ordered them there were 2 or 3 different choices for one gear. so well see what happens. thanks for the reply

Comment

Look up the OEM part numbers yourself at RonAyers.com and compare that with what you got...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X