X

1995 katana 750 problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 katana 750 problems

Takes 20 minutes to start, but eventually gets started (sometimes requires a jump from a car ...turned off of course...)

Rough idle once it get started (sometimes just DIES)

Gas smell

White smoke sometimes, black smoke once right after a backfire GAH

Extreme loss of power until it warms up, then runs SWEET and seems like nothing is wrong... then turn it off for an hour and its hard to start again

I took it to the dealer in my town and they couldnt get it fixed, even cleaned the carbs....replaced two sets of plugs because they kept fouling from it taking so long to start (understandable) but what do yall think the problem is?

I'm either going to sell it needing a carb rebuild or get it fixed, but i'm tired of it just sitting around in the garage. If anyone wants to buy it or help me figure out what is wrong then please let me know...thanks. Bike is in Goldsboro, NC...and hour from Raleigh.

well, if you took it to the dealer and they "cleaned" your carbs and it's not right. The guy that did your carbs is a douche. If it kept fouling plugs the float heights are wrong. What dealer mechanic doesn't know that, it's not rocket surgery.

Comment

Test your coils ? Maybe a compression test .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'm telling you dude float heights are wrong, I'd bet money on it. Take it back to the dealer and stand next to the tech when he checks them. I'm sure they are wrong, don't pay for that chit either, they fuked up, not you.

Comment

lol no; i'm not standing next to the dealer when he does it. i'm getting my money back from the dealer, and taking it to a bike shop that i confirmed WOULD fix it instead of "not want to get into it"... one guy said he'd do it all for 100, and by now i'm skeptical of cheap rates, but it can't really get worse than it is now soooo.... thanks everyone

Comment

wow, $100, I'd do it for $100, that's a great price! I don't have a shop to pay bills in, it's just me, so $100 is $100, now in a shop $100 is like $5.

Comment

Ok then , check 'em yourself .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

arsenic, thanks, but you live like 800 miles away and thats a long ways to haul a bike; i'm planning on getting a new bike this weekend, do yall think i'm better off just getting rid of this one the way it is? idk who would buy a bike that can't get started though lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmmullin View Post
                  arsenic, thanks, but you live like 800 miles away and thats a long ways to haul a bike; i'm planning on getting a new bike this weekend, do yall think i'm better off just getting rid of this one the way it is? idk who would buy a bike that can't get started though lol
                  I think he meant take the carbs off, and ship them to him.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yes, I did. The thing is though, when you do that, I CAN NOT sync your cabs without your bike. I can get them really clean, but until you get them synced it isn't gonna be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                    X