X

frack frack frack !!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frack frack frack !!!!!

So after 6 months of completely re-building my bike.... its f$cked!!!!.... went on a group ride today, went to turn into a toll station... and the back wheel slides out from under me... i go rolling.. the bike goes sliding.... so the last 6 months of work... down the god D@mn drain!!!!! ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
    "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

sorry to hear that. What happened to the bike? What damage? I never ride my bike thru toll stations because a lot of oil seems to leak from cars there and it gets like ice! Hope you can fix it! At least your okay!
    sigpic
    If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Wow....... I can't express what I feel right now. I'm glad you're ok, but that sure sucks. I hope you can get her back to snuff.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

that sucks , but now u can do all the things u wanted to do the frist time...
        good luck

Comment

Originally posted by beachflyer View Post
          sorry to hear that. What happened to the bike? What damage? I never ride my bike thru toll stations because a lot of oil seems to leak from cars there and it gets like ice! Hope you can fix it! At least your okay!
          the paint job i did is screwed.... graphics are torn up... custom mirrors, done... left side fairing cracked... motor casing cracked... right peg broken off...

just starting to feel like throwing in the towel... 3 years i had this bike.... dropped it one time, fell over at a gas station... then i spend 6 months completely rebuilding it.... and dropped it 3 times already, today being the worst... now i just dont know if i wanna spend another 6 months doing it all over again, just to have it f*cked up again.... idk

a few pics...

its not totaled by any means... but... ugh... after all my tools going up in flames last week, and now this... i just ...ugh

oooo... and of course, you cant forget the nice lil case of rash...

Last edited by airforceranger49; 05-30-2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
            ... now i just dont know if i wanna spend another 6 months doing it all over again, just to have it f*cked up again.... idk
            hey dude...really sorry to hear about that.

but the truth of the matter is quite simple. any work/time you put into a bike to improve it is a crap shoot at best. as you have found out the hard way, it can all be gone in a matter of seconds.

myself, I am long done with fancy paint jobs and all kinds of modding on a bike. even though I didn't put a lot of time and money into my 92 1100, I did wait a long time for her to come my way. it was gorgeous. enough so that it won both trophies at the rally last summer. then poof...it was gone.

and any time I did put a lot of time/effort into fixing up a bike, it got scratched or messed up somehow.

now....buy it and ride it is all I am interested. I don't even really care how it looks anymore. why am I telling you this? because this could be the point you might possibly go the same way. maybe not....it's your call.

eventually, at some point, everyone who dumps money and time into fixing up a bike will reach a point when they say, "ok, that's enough of that", unless they are lucky enough not to have it all go down the drain or have very deep pockets.

it does suck, though, and I feel for ya. it's crap like this that leave you wondering if it is even worth it. that feeling sucks.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

hate it for you. what kind of gear were you wearing?
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                hate it for you. what kind of gear were you wearing?
                thats what sucks... i almost always wear my jacket.... but today was so hot (it is miami), that i decided to go without it... learned my damn lesson

but i had helmet, gloves, boots... everything but the jacket

my build threads

Comment

sorry to hear that dude...
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Dude that is brutal your white kat was gorgeous, all that work for nothing. I hope you can get back on the horse and rebuild her
                    1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                      Dude that is brutal your white kat was gorgeous, all that work for nothing. I hope you can get back on the horse and rebuild her
                      thanks bro... all i gotta say is this is my TESTAMENT.... DO NOT buy shinko's.... especially if you do any aggressive riding... pretty sure the tire failed me today... just didnt have enough grip.... i need to go back to my avon's

my build threads

Comment

Damn man..so sorry to hear about this.....guess it will be awhile before your ready for the 1216 again

BTW...fix it up, cuz she was one of the best lookin kats i've seen

Comment

Sorry to hear it man. I know I would be insane if it happened to me. First words that come to mind are be thankful your injuries weren't worse. Near term, focus on just getting it rideable again - I bet a bunch of stress will leave. Then you can start thinking about what you want to do with it next. My $0.02.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

wow.. bummer on your bike. I would strip the bike down an repaint it in your spare time.

Comment

that damage doesnt look too bad man. You could fix it fairly easy since you have already done it. I hope you do, i love that white kat! One of the nicest on here.
                              sigpic
                              If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Working...
                              X