X

Highside and Lowside????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highside and Lowside????

What is the diference between a highside and lowside skid. Been seeing it alot but never really understood what they are.
    My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

low side
    Bad

Highside
    Worse

Comment

Dude that was great!!!
      Most discriptive answer on this board in months!!

Comment

Now why?????

Lowside..
        Basiclly this guy just lost traction..
        He in effect "fell over"

Highside:
        This guy lost, then regained traction..
        In effect his bike "stood up fast"

Comment

Good answers to both questions. From experience Highsides hurt like He$$. Been there done that got the broken left wrist to prove it. Visual explantions are always better I think.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

A lowside is just kinda tipping over on the side of the bike that's on the inside of the turn.

A highside is when your bike loses traction then regains it and you're thrown from the bike. An example would be in a skid. Your rear end could swing around next to you when you lock the rear brake. If you let go of the brake, you're going to high side.

So my advice is to stay on the brake and slide 50 feet into a guard rail and do a front side (like I did!).

Fine print: Actual results may vary. Don't slide into guard rails.

Comment

Damn, the videos are gone...
              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Originally posted by midqetsex
                A lowside is just kinda tipping over on the side of the bike that's on the inside of the turn.

A highside is when your bike loses traction then regains it and you're thrown from the bike. An example would be in a skid. Your rear end could swing around next to you when you lock the rear brake. If you let go of the brake, you're going to high side.

So my advice is to stay on the brake and slide 50 feet into a guard rail and do a front side (like I did!).

Fine print: Actual results may vary. Don't slide into guard rails.
                LOL, I like the fine print!
                sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

If you love your bike , set it free . If it comes back to you , you just highsided .
                  And that is probably the biggest danger of the highside .... your bike coming back to you . At least in a lowside you'll most likely be BEHIND the bike while sliding .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Low Side.
                    SoFlaSportbikes.com - Turn 10 low side at Jennings GP on March 13, 2007.

High Side.
                    Racer at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Wa., high sides in the bus stop, injury was a broken collar bone.

Hope that helps.

Verne
                    I said left!

Comment

Originally posted by Verne View Post
                      Low Side.
                      SoFlaSportbikes.com - Turn 10 low side at Jennings GP on March 13, 2007.

High Side.
                      Racer at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Wa., high sides in the bus stop, injury was a broken collar bone.

Hope that helps.

Verne
                      Cool, that made it clear.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X