X

89' KAT Dual headlight project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89' KAT Dual headlight project

I apologise for those of you who already saw my bike in Mechanics 101 (when I asked a wiring question), I feel that it should be here in Pics & Flicks. This is my single to dual headlight conversion. I began at the begining of the day without having a clue of how I was going to do it & this is how it turned out by the end of the day. It may not be for everyone but , It works for me!

Here is how I did it. www.picturetrail.com/longway
    Attached Files

cool, looks good. how'd u do it?
    Hello World.

Comment

very nice work my friend. i liked the walkthrough also. you might actually have set the tone for a nice little side job.
      What did the hand say to the face?... "Slap!"

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
        cool, looks good. how'd u do it?
        There is a link to pics on the first page. I did my best to do a step by step but if anyone has any questions, please ask away...

Comment

not my thing but awesome fitment
          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Very nicely done.

Comment

Looking through the pictures, that setup is pretty sweet. Once you get some sort of trim ring on there it'll look great. I think you pioneered a process that many will follow. I know if I still had my kat I'd be going through it right now.

Speaking of which, there's a few old yamaha fz600 headlight assemblies on ebay right now.
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

sweet. good job
                1989 katana 750

Comment

old school great work

Comment

what do you search for on ebay? I tried yamaha fz600 and got nothing.

Comment

the fitment looks good, but personally its not my thing
                      f you can read this thank a teacher, if you an read this in English thank a VETERAN

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                        what do you search for on ebay? I tried yamaha fz600 and got nothing.
                        I just looked under parts & accesories, then lighting I think?? I would have bought anything that looked like it would work. There were quite a few bikes of that vintage that used similar headlights. ..Cheers..

Comment

what years work?

Comment

Originally posted by timpryor
                            the fitment looks good, but personally its not my thing
                            It was just a fun thing to try on a bike that owes me nothing. Actually, I thought I'd have at least a few who wouldn't like it but the response has been quite positive. Cheers..

Comment

here's another one I found at bikepics

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X