Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pictorial - Put a pre 600 tail on a pre 750.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks awesome!

A 5.5 rim would look Kick ARSE on that!....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

JokerZ windscreen

Ty vm Krey im likin it thus far I do a lil project at a time and it all seems to flo nicely.
      Well I gotta admit most of that body work was hand made including the screen, tail, & rear side panels. I havent come up with a reasonable concept for the nose yet and im not even sure I want to. Depends on how bored I get.

But if your lookin at the Left side It deff. makes the swing arm stand out more i think.
      Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

theres a better shot of the rear

This was the original color when i got it I had already done the seat and windscreen
        Just needed to do the body and paint work

A 5.5 rim would look Kick ARSE on that!....

Krey

I agree it kinda needs it at this point but Im afraid my welding skillz are not up to the task and I really hate thinking about all that aaagg!!!

my strength is deff. in the fiberglass dept.
        Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-25-2009, 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Joker
        sigpic

Comment

So I got sick of the multi color, and rattle canned the tail for a short term fix. I also used some aeresol vinyl dye/paint to get rid of the purple. Took the oppertunity to work on fixing up the lines and fit a little on the rear seat as well.

How it looked before I started.

And a couple of pics after I was done.

I also edited this update into the first part of this post.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

wow muuuch better!!!! I like how the seats turned out!! But how durable is that dye\paint? Will it hold up when it gets wet or hot and you sit on it? twould look funny as hellz if ya stood up with a black azz on ya jeans! Was the front end rattle canned previous or did you find that match? Over all very nice work! great job!!

Joker
            Joker
            sigpic

Comment

The longer swingarm of the 750 looks badass with the 600 tail. Nice work!
              My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                wow muuuch better!!!! I like how the seats turned out!! But how durable is that dye\paint? Will it hold up when it gets wet or hot and you sit on it? twould look funny as hellz if ya stood up with a black azz on ya jeans! Was the front end rattle canned previous or did you find that match? Over all very nice work! great job!!

Joker
                The dye is very durable actually. It's a highly flexable coating, does not rub off or show wear at all. My bro in law is a custom upholstrey installer (Murdock's Custom Upholstry in Brevard) and he's never had one come back.

The front was rattle canned previously for the same reason I did the back. Matching "true blue" no flake or anything. It's just to get a color till the pro job. Need to redo the front now.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

I did find that 1 uppin the tire to a 160 radial put a ton of torque on the stock slack adjusters. Grabbing a hard second gear will actually suck the stock steel end caps right into the swing arm body itself. My solution to this problem was to fab up new ones using 1/4 steel square stock, slicing them so that the folds of the steel actualy overlap the ends of the swingarm. thus making it impossible to fit inside the swingarm itself. I found this to be a very cheap and effective fix and have never encountered that problem again.

I may very well mod the rear brake strut support to accomodate a 170 in the future seems that the swingarm still has plenty o clearence for that already. Ill just hit that damn brace!
                  just not too sure that rim will allow it seems to be on that borderline. Pics to follow shortly.

Joker
                  Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-27-2009, 12:48 PM. Reason: add ons
                  Joker
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                    I did find that 1 uppin the tire to a 160 radial put a ton of torque on the stock slack adjusters. Grabbing a hard second gear will actually suck the stock steel end caps right into the swing arm body itself. My solution to this problem was to fab up new ones using 1/4 steel square stock, slicing them so that the folds of the steel actualy overlap the ends of the swingarm. thus making it impossible to fit inside the swingarm itself. I found this to be a very cheap and effective fix and have never encountered that problem again.

I may very well mod the rear brake strut support to accomodate a 170 in the future seems that the swingarm still has plenty o clearence for that already. Ill just hit that damn brace!
                    just not too sure that rim will allow it seems to be on that borderline. Pics to follow shortly.

Joker
                    Pick up a RF600 rear rim, it's a 4.5" and will fit the 170 tires. Same curved spoke design as the pre kats, and should fit without any swinger mods. Might have to adjust a spacer, but you shouldn't. You will need to swap out the bearings from a kat wheel, or buy new ones. The RF had a larger OD on the axle.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Well daaamn!!! I Just may do that. I'll just need to address the break support issue and make a direct swap. Which would be really great considering that all my mods are reversible. The back panels are spares I cut n shaped. and everything else was made as a bolt on. Thanks for the info bro!! Updates to come!

Joker
                      Joker
                      sigpic

Comment

nice job everything seams to line up, I wounder if I can Do something like that to my 750

Comment

Originally posted by bta2997 View Post
                          nice job everything seams to line up, I wounder if I can Do something like that to my 750
                          Yes

And we would love to see pics as you go...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Comment

nice job, looks real clean you can't even tell. looks factory.

Comment

:
                              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I just found it and I'm going to be following it to do my 750 to 600 tail swap this winter, My bikes getting painted already professionally so might as well change it up how I want before I get new paint! Thanks for the great right up!

Comment

Working...
                                X