No announcement yet.
X

Pre 98 slider info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some pics of the slider mounted on a members bike that bought some. I still have 2 sets left, after that there will be no more.
    Attached Files
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

They were easy to mount on my bike. Plus as you can see from the fairings, I'm a proponent of the "Measure once, cut twice" mantra.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
        They were easy to mount on my bike. Plus as you can see from the fairings, I'm a proponent of the "Measure once, cut twice" mantra.
        I really want a set of those sliders, but Id need a template so my fairings dont look hacked like Trackers... No offense.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think. Sliders serve a purpose, but they can also dig in and cause a bike to flip......causing even more problems. I low-sided the Yami at the end of the season (cold tires are a bit*h) rode it down, and this was the damage. I'm not sure what the Kat would have looked like. Food for thought.
          Attached Files
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Wow i had about 30 different people email me saying they wanted sets since i started on them last year and now noone is buying. Dang glad i havent mass produced them.
            Katana Frame Sliders
            The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

Its the katana market, just like pre solo cowls and undertails; everyone says they want one but when the product comes to market no one wants to spend the money.
              Chrome Project Part 1
              http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

oh im getting one of the big cowls and those sliders,, i just got to wait to get back to work lol.....my projects pretty much on a hault till i can get back to work,, but when i want somthin i get it lol..
                sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  I really want a set of those sliders, but Id need a template so my fairings dont look hacked like Trackers... No offense.
                  None taken. My fairings are already cracked and scraped up so I didn't care if the holes are off. I want to keep the engine cases off the pavement.

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                  Its the katana market, just like pre solo cowls and undertails; everyone says they want one but when the product comes to market no one wants to spend the money.
                  Well if someone would actually MAKE a pre 750 undertail they might get bought. But you are right, ppl say it's a great idea to make **** all day long until it's time to fork over the money.
                  Last edited by Trackerrrr; 12-11-2009, 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82 View Post
                    Wow i had about 30 different people email me saying they wanted sets since i started on them last year and now noone is buying. Dang glad i havent mass produced them.

They were released at a rough time. Tis the season. Id luv a set. And some new leathers, and a new lid, and ECT.Ect... Gotta make sure the kids get their holiday first tho.
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

if they aren't for crashing? then y even have them? i would buy a set if they worked 100%. like if i low side going 15-20 mph. i dont want frame damage. or if i drop it in the garage no damage. that's all i ask... i'm not looking for frame sliders that will survive a 70mph highside! i wont survive that! ive got a kat fighter.... work with me here... placement isn't an issue...
                      Last edited by il_ragazzo; 12-11-2009, 05:10 AM.
                      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Haven't been here long enough to know about this, but this concerned me:

but note they will be sold with the understanding they are for looks only and minimal protection and that in event of an accident they may not protect and may cause damage
                        I would guess that some people who were interested were turned off that it wasn't as protective as sliders normally are.

Comment

Very true, they would mainly have to be for tip overs and redlight falls. I wish i could promise more but i cant. In the actual speed testing it worked sometimes and sometimes they didnt. I tested about 20+ times. In several they worked, one time the slider bent, one time the slider broke off. So with that i cant say they are 100%. But if you want them to help protect in a tipover or a stop and fall or even for looks, then they are here for you. This is why i am offer them for $125. The cost to produce them was alot more than my other slider.
                          Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Out of curiosity, how did you test at speed?

Comment

Several dangerous ways. Slower speed drive and jump. Med speed down a hill and also tied to back of truck.
                              Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Several dangerous ways. Slower speed drive and jump. Med speed down a hill and also tied to back of truck.
                                Lol wow, should've taken some video of that!

Comment

Working...
                                X